Toastmaster Leadership Institute with Club Officer Training
(Membership & Retention)
Open to all Toastmasters (not just club officers)
Saturday July 24, 2021
8:30 – 3:30pm
Does your club want more members? Do you want your members staying? If you said YES, you’ll want to be at this TLI. Bring your curiosity and your questions and leave with answers.
- Membership Panel Discussion with members of Division J. This Division defied the odds and was President’s Distinguished Division. (Find out their secret sauce)
- Facebook – We all know why it can be useful, but here we will dive into the HOW.
- Games – For the Win and retention
- Professional Development Units
- Hybrid Clubs (lots of effort is going on behind the scenes in preparation for hybrid meetings) The afternoon will be club officer training with trainers who will be supporting club officers this year.
Club Officer Training Trained club officers translate into a club’s ultimate success.
Did you know: Of the 28 clubs that were President’s Distinguished (last year) that all of those clubs had officers trained in the first round last year? 17 of those clubs had all 7 officers trained.
All members deserve to be in a thriving club and have a rich Toastmasters experience. As a club officer you have the important role in helping to create this. Attend this virtual live Training to receive credit for your role. Bring all your club officers, it’s a great learning opportunity and gives credit toward the Distinguished Club Program.
If you are a new club officer or new Toastmaster…
• You become part of group of peers, which is now your support group.
• Just like starting a new job where you are trained, we similarly provide you the tools and resources to be successful.
If you are a prior officer holding the same position in 2020/2021:
• Share best practices and what you wish you had known when you first started the role
• Sharing your expertise with others is appreciated.
• Gain a fresh perspective.
• Consider volunteering to help with the training.
• Network with others, consider joint club meetings or virtual banner raids or discuss your club adopting another club to help them become better.
• Connect with newer club officers and offer to assist or mentor.
If you are not yet a Club Officer attend the training for these reasons:
• You can be on a VP PR or VP Education committee in your club
• You can volunteer to be the assistant to the role.
• If you are considering a Club Officer role in the future, you can understand the responsibilities in advance.
• Make the most out of your Toastmasters experience and bring your learnings back to your club to provide everyone the BEST Toastmaster Experience possible.
Lots of opportunities available on the Program Quality Team: Presenters, Coordinators, Trainers, Graphics, Assistants.
If you are wondering what to do for your level 4 or 5 project call me:
Lily Laverton 778-317-0399
Looking forward to this amazing year ahead!