District 96 has a long history of results in leadership development and communication excellence.
We are home to one of the first clubs to be established outside of the United States. Meeting in the Yukon and part of British Columbia, we have approximately 2,700 member (alongside District 21 which is south of the Fraser River). Toastmasters International is broken down into 14 regions around the world, with several districts in each Region. District 96 is in Region 1 - which covers western North America, from northern California and Utah, British Columbia and the Yukon to Alaska.
We build new clubs and support all clubs in achieving excellence.
Communities transformed by developing leaders in dialogue.
Expressed in three “big ideas.”
- Communities transformed.
- Transformed by developing leaders.
- Leaders in dialogue.
- Attract prospects and enroll members to Toastmasters clubs
- Foster and charter new Toastmasters clubs
- Deepen members’ commitment to the Toastmasters education program
- Cultivate unique club cultures that are hospitable, enriching and robust
- Deploy appealing, effective training experiences for Toastmasters leaders
- Facilitate and demonstrate the practical application of skills acquired in the Toastmasters program
- Stimulate interdependency that promotes personal and corporate growth
- Champion competition for the exercise and reward of members’ strengths
- Apply operational protocols that build productivity, transparency and collegiality
- Equip members to enact exceptional communication and leadership in external settings
Our District receives recognition from the province and many municipalities year after year for the impact Toastmasters has brought to British Columbia. As a result, February is now recognized as Toastmasters month.
There are 7 divisions spanning multiple municipalities within District 96. These include: Vancouver, Burnaby, Tri-Cities area, southern Sunshine Coast, Squamish, Whistler, "everything north of Kamloops in British Columbia” and Whitehorse in the Yukon. Each Division is typically divided into 4 to 6 Areas. Each Area is typically home to 4 to 6 clubs.