Pathways Learning Experience
Pathways Learning Experience
After extensive research and member surveys Toastmasters International has revitalized our education program.
Note: Toastmaster who were members prior to March 20, 2018 - the Legacy Two Track (Communications & Leadership program - CC, CL, ACB, ALB, etc.) was available until June 30, 2020.
The Pathways Learning Experience Offers
Learning paths - tailored to personal and professional goals and relevant to an evolving global marketplace
New technical resources - to improve speeches and support meeting roles
Mobile - anytime, anywhere access to educational materials (including smartphones and tablets)
Expanded video and digital content - to facilitate learning among our global community of members
The Pathways learning experience has been designed to both challenge and inspire you to reach new heights.
Members choose from 11 unique learning paths and work through five different levels of increasing complexity.
Choose a Path that will challenge and stretch you. Get the most out of the Path by diligently working through each of the five levels.
Each Level increases in complexity with two or three projects per level - for a total of at least 14 projects per path.
Each Project focuses on a single theme that will help you improve your communication and leadership skills in that particular area.
Eleven Learning Paths
- Motivation Strategies - Build motivational leadership and communication skills
- Presentation Mastery - Build public speaking skills
- Leadership Development - Build communication and leadership skills
- Innovative Planning - Build creative project management and communication skills
- Visionary Communication - Build innovative communication and leadership skills
- Strategic Relationships - Build networking, leadership and communication skills
- Dynamic Leadership - Build strategic leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Persuasive Influence - Build skills to lead in complex situations
- Effective Coaching - Build interpersonal communication, leadership and coaching skills
- Team Collaboration - Build collaborative leadership skills
- Engaging Humour - Build skills as a humorous and engaging public speaker
Five Core Competencies
- Public speaking
- Interpersonal communication
- Strategic Leadership
Five Progressive Learning Levels
Each path has five levels, each increasing in complexity. The Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) will remain the highest achievement. To be awarded a DTM requires that you complete two unique paths.
Level 1: Mastering Fundamentals
Level 2: Learning Your Style
Level 3: Increasing Knowledge
Level 4: Building Skills
Level 5: Demonstrating Expertise
Requirements to become a Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM)
Completion of two paths
Serve as club officer for 12 months
Serve as Club Mentor or Club Coach
Serve as Club Sponsor or conduct a Speechcraft or Youth Leadership Program
Serve as district officer for one year
Complete capstone DTM project
Distinguished Club Program (DCP) Education Goals
- Four Level 1's
- Two Level 2's
- Two More Level 2's
- Two Level 3's
- One Level 4
- One Level 5
Complete three (3) educational levels in one year.
Whats the best way to promote our club?