The ability to communicate is just as important today as it was pre Covid. Skills in leadership and communication are highly valued in corporations and in our communities. One could be the best in the world in their job, but if they lack confidence or skills to lead others their career could suffer.
OnlineToastmasters will still teach members to:
- Effectively present ideas
- Hone their leadership skills
- Being adaptable
- Learn new ways, which helps when companies undergo changes
- Embrace change (adds new skills to our tool bag for dealing with obstacles)
- Conduct meetings
- Organize teams for faster success
- Listen better & be critical thinkers
- Offer & receive constructive criticism
- Manage their time & priorities
Plus, let’s remember these other benefits:
- Social connection *“Connect with others. While social distancing measures are in place consider connecting online,”
- Attendance is easier than ever before, no travel required
- Expand your creativity
- Learning new ideas from listening to other speeches
When people share their reluctance to join your online meeting, please share the benefits.
The Mission of Toastmasters states We empower individuals to become more effective communicators and leaders. So let's become more effective communicators online, on video and whatever the next realm that the future has in store for us.
Lily Laverton DTM
Club Growth Director